In addition to numerous fastfood restaurants in Plaza de Armas, Calle Fortaleza, and Calle San Francisco, there are a variety of restaurants and cafeterías. Some of these locations offer daily lunch specials. Here’s a list where locals tend to go for lunch:
- Barrachina Lunch Buffet (M-F) An excellent place to have an inexpensive Puerto Rican Lunch. Buffet is located on the 2nd floor. The Restaurant is famous for its delicious Piña Colada, so you cannot leave without trying one.
104 Fortaleza Street, Old San Juan, PR 00901
Buffet Open Hours (2 Floor) 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
- La Mallorca American and Puerto Rican Breakfast, locals’ favorite pastries, fresh orange juice and smoothies. Try their “mallorca de jamón y queso.”
310 San Francisco Street, Old San Juan, PR 00901
Mon – Sun 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Cafetería Escuela de Artes Plásticas It is the only small cafeteria that sells breakfast, lunch and snacks to the University of Puerto Rico for Plastic Arts. Once you enter the building it will be located on the left-hand patio. Feel free to ask students or guards.
Calle del Morro, Old San Juan, PR 00926
Mondays – Fridays 11:00 am-3:00 pm
- Las Palmas It’s an indoor/ outdoor restaurant with authentic Puerto Rican food, where locals meet frequently during the weekends (mostly Thursday to Sunday) to see typical Puerto Rican live music.
281 San Sebastian Street, Old San Juan, PR 00901
Tuesday – Sunday 10:00 am-10:00 pm
Phone +1-787-630-4725 / +1-787-530-5795 / +1-787-723-3507
- Manolín This creole restaurant has been serving locals and visitors to Old San Juan for around 60 years. It’s an old school Restaurant with an old school theme, vibe, and personal service.
251 San Justo Street, Old San Juan, PR, 00901
Monday – Friday 6:00 am-4:30 pm
Saturday 7:00 am-4:30 pm
Sunday 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Hecho en Casa It’s known for its home-made Puerto Rican food, excellent location and good service.
249 San Francisco Street, Old San Juan, PR 00901
Monday – Sunday 11:00 am-8:00 pm
- Fresh Bistro It’s an outdoor Restaurant / kiosk located at one of the main plazas in old San Juan, where you can an get Puerto Rican/ vegetarian fusion food that leaves you craving more. The location is ideal, as you can enjoy Old San Juan from your table
San Francisco Street, Plaza de Armas, G2, Old San Juan, PR 00901
Monday – Friday 10:30 am-9:00 pm
Sundays 11:00 am-7:00 pm